Case.one is very flexible and allows easy customization for database requirements and needs. There is one primary rule, and that is you must be an Administrator to do any sort of customization. In this example we will create a drop-down list for 'San Diego Juvenile Courts' and add it to a Summary Sheet.
San Diego Juvenile Court Locations:
- Kearny Mesa
- North County
- East County
- South County
Adding a drop-down list
- Go to Case.one and log in as an Administrator.
- From the main navigation menu on the left click on ADMINISTRATION.
- From the left menu select DICTIONARIES.
- Select New Dictionary from the left-hand panel.
- Input name and add values for the list.
- When done click the Save icon in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, you must create a field for the drop-down list. On the same page search for Fields and once displayed select it.
- Enter Field name and Placeholder text. For Data format enter in name of new list and select it under Dictionary. Once that is done you are ready to add the drop-down list to a data block.
- Refresh the screen before exiting the window.
- Now, go back to the Practice Area and add a New Field to a data block for the created drop-down list.
- For the new field enter the Field Name. In this example it is 'Court.' For Data Format type in the field name for the list (SD Juvenile Court) and select it under Dictionary. Add the Hint and click on Apply. Click on the Save icon before exiting the page.
- The drop-down list will now display in the Summary Sheet.