Automation scripts allow the administrator to configure the automatic filling of fields, creating tasks, events or notifications when users perform certain actions in the system. The new script will automatically be activated in the system.
- From the main navigation menu on the left click on ADMINISTRATION.
- Select the Automation Scripts item.
- Click on the New Scenario line.
- In the About Scenario section, specify the title, add a short description and click the Create button.
- Set the Trigger Conditions from the drop-down list, select:
- Object type
- The action at which the script will fire: filling in a field, editing or deleting.
- Variable field in the object (available only if the “Fill field” or “Edit’ action is selected).
- In order for the conditions to work on specific objects of the system, in the Filtering of trigger objects block specify additional filtering parameters:
- Field type,
- Selected values (the default is “All values”, but you can select specific values from the system).
Note: that in the “Trigger Conditions” and “Filtration of trigger objects” fields, data must be specified from only one root group (Project Data, Participant Data or Administration Data). If the data is from different groups, you will receive an error message.
- In the Result block, click on the "•••" icon and select which object will be created in the system when the script triggers: Filling in fields, Task creating, Creating an event or Creating a notification.
- When you select an object, a form appears with its parameters. Fill in the required fields and click Add.
- Create the required number of results for this scenario.
Note: All changes are saved automatically.